Hanapan ang Blog na Ito

Lunes, Oktubre 28, 2013

Blog post 6: Philippine Witchcraft and Sorceries (1)

How could you possibly remove the fear of the people about witchcraft and sorceries? In the Philippines, we believe of the existence of the people who are capable of using black magic. It truly is scary knowing that there are people who uses these power to make other people suffer. The thing is, there are types of witches and sorcerer in the Philippines in which they are known for their abilities. The first thing that I want to talk about is the type of sorcerer who uses insects. The one who can control and command the insects to attack its victim. They are known as the Mambabarangs.



The only thing I know about them is that they can use insects to infest their victim's body. So I searched for articles about them and I stumbled across an article entitled "More Encounters with the Unknown" by Jaime Licauco on the site called www.mysiquijor.com. I've read that people actually ask help from the mambarangs. Since people fear them, they wouldn't want to offend other people living in their neighborhood because if they offend someone, the person who they offend might ask the mambabarang to put a curse on them. So it's like the mambabarangs are like paid assassins but they use magic and sorceries to do their job. For some people they would only ask the mambabarang to put a non-lethal curse to their enemies because they only want their enemies to suffer. I know they are cruel but that's how things are.

I wasn't quite satisfied from the article above so I searched for more articles and I happened to find the article that I was looking for. The I article I saw was entitled "Mambabarang" written by Desconocido at the site called xaeron.net, and in this article I found some information about the mambabarang. The mambabarang has a container which contain a spirit of a spider, a centipede, and roach. These spirits are malevolent spirits that are caught by the mambabarang. I also found out that there is this method which mambabarangs use wherein they would only need one personal belongings of his victims. The mambabarang will then perform chants to the item then he will attach the item to a doll. He will feed the doll to his insects which also affects the body of the victim. Usually the victim will develop big boils on his body that will release thousands of insects if not treated immediately. Apparently, there are mambabarangs who uses their magic abilities for good by countering the spells and curses of other mambabarangs. 


My conclusion about these kind of people is that they are really scary and terrifying since my I can't stop shaking knowing that they use such gruesome methods. It really is a relief knowing that there are also mambabarangs who uses their powers for good. Be sure not to offend anyone because you'll never know when these people ask the aid of the mambabarangs.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento